- 100g flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda or 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100g butter (softened, not melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- cupcake moulds
- a large mixing bowl
- a spatula
- a sieve
- a wooden spoon or a whisk
Preheat oven at 180°C (therm.6).
In a large bowl mix flour, salt, and baking powder. Reserve until later.
In another bowl, mix the caster sugar, vanilla extract, and butter. Beat until white and creamy.
Add each egg, one at a time.
Then mix the flour, baking powder and salt, using a sieve. Beat until homogeneous.
- 100g icing sugar
- 200g mascarpone
- coffee grains
- 1 small cup of unsweetened coffee
- 2-3 teaspoons of powdered dark chocolate
- a couple of cinnamon cookies (speculoos)
Whisk the mascarpone and the icing sugar. Add the cup of unsweetened coffee. The mixture should be smooth and creamy, yet firm. With the aid of a piping bag, glaze each cupcake into a beautiful swirl. Then sieve the powdered chocolate onto the icing and add a coffee grain or a piece of cinnamon cookie on the top, depending on your preference.